It's been some time since I updated this blog (bad girl, I know). Have not had much time for baking lately but today, I had to do something with leftover strawberries so what's faster than strawberry muffins?
The recipe was from Joyful Baker but I added a bit of milk to the recipe as I find the batter a bit too dry. The measurements for the rest of the ingredients are also estimated (after metric conversion).
Ingredients (extracted from Joyful Baker's blog):
½ cup unsalted butter, melted
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1 tsp vanilla extract
½ cup sour cream
1 ½ cups fresh strawberries, cut into small pieces (I sprinkled a bit of white sugar to this as they were very , very sour)
2 ¼ cups all purpose flour
¾ cup light brown sugar
1 ½ tsp baking powder
¼ tsp baking soda
1 tsp ground cinnamon
½ tsp salt
* I added some milk to the final batter. Eyeballed so no way to tell how much I added :)
Here's the how-to:
*oven pre-heated to 180 deg C - my table top oven needs a slightly higher temperature than suggested in the blog*
1. Melt butter and let sit to room temperature.
2. Mix dry ingredients (flour, sugar, soda, baking powder, cinnamon, salt). Mix in strawberries to coat completely with the flour.
3. Whisk eggs, sour cream, vanilla extract. Add in melted butter.
4. Gently fold dry ingredients into the whisked egg mixture. Don't over-mix or your muffins will become hard.
5. Fill up your muffin cups (paper cups are God-sent) and bake them for about 20-25 minutes (tops should spring back when pressed lightly).