So it's back to conventional round shape for the rest of the batch :P
This is a slightly different recipe that LeeLee (Hugbear) shared on M4M. The dough turned out firmer (i.e., can shape with hands) quite unlike LeeLee's recipe where I could only use tea spoons to drop the cookies onto the baking tray. Maybe I didn't get it right with LeeLee's but anyway, here's the recipe. It's a tad sweet for me so I'd cut back on the sugars if I do use it again:
Chocolate Chip Cookies
Recipe by Connie from Kitchen Capers Forum
Yields about 40 small cookies
70g Castor sugar
70g Brown sugar
½ tsp Vanilla essence
260g Self-raising flour
130g Chocolate chips (Add more if you like more choc chips)
- Pre-heat oven to 180C.
- Sift the flour, set aside.
- Beat butter, essence and sugars using mixer until smooth.
- Add egg and beat until well combined.
- Stir in sifted flour and the remaining ingredients.
- Take rounded teaspoons of mixture and roll into balls.
- Place balls about 4cm apart on slightly greased oven trays or line with baking sheet.
- Bake in pre heated oven for 15 minutes or until browned.
- Cool in trays for short while and transfer to wire rack for cooling.